Bolton High School
Bolton High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Bolton High School's student population of 275 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2016)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bolton High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#424 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bolton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bolton Bolton Center School Grades: PK-8 | 530 students
108 Notch Rd.
Bolton, CT 06043
(860) 643-2411 1.5 PK-8 530
- Andover Andover Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 204 students
35 School Rd.
Andover, CT 06232
(860) 742-7339 3.7 PK-6 204
- Coventry Coventry Grammar School Grades: K-2 | 345 students
3453 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
(860) 742-7313 3.8 K-2 345
- Manchester Highland Park School Grades: K-5 | 281 students
397 Porter St.
Manchester, CT 06040
(860) 647-3430 3.8 K-5 281
- Manchester Buckley School Grades: PK-5 | 392 students
250 Vernon St.
Manchester, CT 06042
(860) 647-3302 4.3 PK-5 392
This school is not that good. The students here are not friendly and self absorbed. Good grades are handed out when not deserved. The education here is low class. These students cannot even spell. The school band is terrible. Especially the saxophones.
- Posted by Parent - peggy
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.