Avondale Elementary School
- Avondale Elementary School's student population of 580 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||580 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Avondale Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#1912 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||AMARILLO ISD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Amarillo Tascosa High School Grades: 9-12 | 2278 students
Amarillo, TX 79102
(806)326-2600 0.8 9-12 2278
- Amarillo Olsen Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 446 students
Amarillo, TX 79106
(806)326-4900 0.9 PK-5 446
- Amarillo Paramount Terrace Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 357 students
3906 Cougar Dr
Amarillo, TX 79109
(806)326-4950 0.9 PK-5 357
- Amarillo Wills Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 591 students
3500 W 11th
Amarillo, TX 79106
(806)326-5650 1.0 PK-5 591
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.