Barnard Environmental Magnet School
- Barnard Environmental Magnet School's student population of 563 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||563 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barnard Environmental Magnet School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of Barnard Environmental Magnet School is New Haven School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- New Haven School District's student population of 21,669 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $22,337 is higher than the state average of $20,313. The district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $21,307 is higher than the state average of $19,375. The district spending/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
|School District Name||New Haven School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||21,669||1,534|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$472 MM||$31 MM|
|District Spending||$451 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$22,337||$20,313|
|District Spending / Student||$21,307||$19,375|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Haven Augusta Lewis Troup School Grades: PK-8 | 482 students
259 Edgewood Ave.
New Haven, CT 06511
(475)220-3000 0.5 PK-8 482
- New Haven Strong 21st Century Communications Magnet And Scsu Lab School Grades: K-4 | 397 students
130 Orchard Street
New Haven, CT 06519
(203)946-8657 0.6 K-4 397
- New Haven Edgewood School Grades: PK-8 | 437 students
737 Edgewood Ave.
New Haven, CT 06515
(475)220-8000 0.7 PK-8 437
- New Haven New Haven Correctional Center Grades: 10-12 | 3 students
245 Whalley Ave.
New Haven, CT 06530
(203)789-7111 0.7 10-12 3
Nearby Homes for Sale
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.