Beard Elementary School
- Beard Elementary School's student population of 349 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||349 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Beard Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,008 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#235 out of 1008 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Smith School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Smith Cavanaugh Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 318 students
1025 School St
Fort Smith, AR 72908
(479)646-1131 0.6 PK-6 318
- Fort Smith Elmer H. Cook Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 583 students
3517 Brooken Hill Dr
Fort Smith, AR 72908
(479)646-8880 1.6 PK-6 583
- Fort Smith Carnall Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 288 students
2524 S Tulsa St
Fort Smith, AR 72901
(479)646-3612 1.7 PK-6 288
- Fort Smith Raymond F. Orr Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 398 students
3609 Phoenix St
Fort Smith, AR 72903
(479)646-3711 2.2 PK-6 398
- Arkoma Singleton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 240 students
620 Cook St
Arkoma, OK 74901
(918)875-3835 2.7 PK-6 240
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.