Boothville-venice Elementary School
Boothville-venice Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Boothville-venice Elementary School's student population of 393 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Boothville-venice Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#97 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Plaquemines Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Sulphur South Plaquemines Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 223 students
315 Civic Drive
Port Sulphur, LA 70083
(504) 595-6415 20.0 PK-6 223
- Buras South Plaquemines High School Grades: 7-12 | 452 students
34121 Highway 23
Buras, LA 70041
(504) 595-6435 20.0 7-12 452
- Belle Chasse Belle Chasse Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 779 students
13476 Highway 23
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
(504) 656-2315 44.4 5-8 779
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.