Charlton Middle School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 5-8
- Enrollment: 631 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 20:1
- Minority Enrollment: 14%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 52% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 52% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Charlton Middle School?
631 students attend Charlton Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
86% of Charlton Middle School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Black, 2% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Charlton Middle School?
Charlton Middle School has a student ration of 20:1, which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Charlton Middle School offer ?
Charlton Middle School offers enrollment in grades 5-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Charlton Middle School part of?
Charlton Middle School is part of Dudley-Charlton Regional School District.
Review Charlton Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities