Cheat Lake Elementary School
Cheat Lake Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Cheat Lake Elementary School's student population of 850 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||850 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cheat Lake Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#24 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Monongalia County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morgantown University High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,258 student
131 Baker's Ridge Road
Morgantown, WV 26508
(304) 291-9270 3.6 9-12 1,258
- Morgantown Brookhaven Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 592 students
1215 Baker Street
Morgantown, WV 26508
(304) 291-9236 3.7 PK-5 592
- Morgantown North Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 688 students
825 Chestnut Ridge Road
Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 291-9280 4.5 PK-5 688
- Morgantown Morgantown High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,811 student
109 Wilson Avenue
Morgantown, WV 26501
(304) 291-9260 5.2 9-12 1,811
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.