Cherry Brook Primary School
- Cherry Brook Primary School's student population of 456 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cherry Brook Primary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#158 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Canton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canton Canton Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 272 students
76 Simonds Avenue
Canton, CT 06019
(860) 693-7712 2.4 7-8 272
- Canton Canton Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 370 students
39 Dyer Ave.
Canton, CT 06019
(860) 693-7717 2.5 4-6 370
- West Simsbury Tootin' Hills School Grades: K-6 | 351 students
25 Nimrod Rd.
West Simsbury, CT 06092
(860) 658-7629 2.7 K-6 351
- New Hartford New Hartford Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 84 students
40 Wickett St.
New Hartford, CT 06057
(860) 379-8546 3.0 PK-2 84
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.