Church Street School
Church Street School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Church Street School's student population of 300 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Church Street School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#834 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hamden School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Church Street School is Cortlandt V.r. Creed Health And Sport Sciences High School (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Highville Charter School (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Helen Street School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Haven Cortlandt V.r. Creed Health And Sport Sciences High School Grades: 9-12 | 250 students
88 Bassett Road
North Haven, CT 06473
(475) 220-6300 0.1 9-12 250
- Hamden Helen Street School Grades: PK-6 | 315 students
285 Helen St.
Hamden, CT 06514
(203) 407-2030 0.6 PK-6 315
- New Haven New Haven Academy Grades: 9-12 | 280 students
444 Orange Street
New Haven, CT 06511
(475) 220-6600 0.7 9-12 280
- Hamden Dunbar Hill School Grades: PK-6 | 254 students
315 Lane St.
Hamden, CT 06514
(203) 407-2025 0.9 PK-6 254
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.