Conte/west Hills Magnet School
Conte/west Hills Magnet School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Conte/west Hills Magnet School's student population of 645 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||645 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Conte/west Hills Magnet School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#738 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New Haven School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Conte/west Hills Magnet School is Elm City College Preparatory School (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Haven Elm City College Preparatory School Grades: K-12 | 726 students
407 James Street
New Haven, CT 06513
(203)772-7010 0.1 K-12 726
- New Haven High School In The Community Grades: 9-12 | 251 students
175 Water St.
New Haven, CT 06511
(203)946-7022 0.4 9-12 251
- New Haven Booker T. Washington Academy Grades: K-3 | 241 students
804 State Street
New Haven, CT 06511
(203)691-6535 0.6 K-3 241
- Hamden Engineering - Science University Magnet School Grades: 6-12 | 601 students
130b Leeder Hill
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)946-6610 0.6 6-12 601
- New Haven Headstart Grades: PK | 220 students
54 Meadow Street
New Haven, CT 06515
(203)946-8913 0.6 PK 220
this school has week teachers........i wish they had better lunchs for the kids i have been there.....
- Posted by Administrator - alnna
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.