Booker T. Washington Academy
Booker T. Washington Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Booker T. Washington Academy's student population of 300 students has grown by 66% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 84% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Booker T. Washington Academy is ranked within the top 20% of all 956 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#110 out of 956 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||80-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Booker T Washington Academy D School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Booker T. Washington Academy is Engineering - Science University Magnet School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Haven Engineering - Science University Magnet School Grades: 6-12 | 596 students
500 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
(475)220-6000 0.0 6-12 596
- New Haven Elm City College Preparatory School Grades: K-12 | 752 students
407 James Street
New Haven, CT 06513
(203)772-7010 0.5 K-12 752
- New Haven Amistad Academy Grades: K-12 | 1081 students
130 Edgewood Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
(203)772-7000 0.6 K-12 1081
- New Haven East Rock Community Magnet School Grades: PK-8 | 504 students
133 Nash St.
New Haven, CT 06511
(475)220-5900 0.6 PK-8 504
Public schools have been the recent grounds of tuberculosis infections. Learn about the symptoms and how to protect your child from catching tuberculosis.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.