- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 445 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 53% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 64% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dawson's ranking?
Dawson ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for: Highest math proficiency (Top 20%).
What schools are Dawson often compared to?
Dawsonis often viewed alongside schools like Annie E Fales by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
53% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Dawson?
445 students attend Dawson.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Dawson students are White, 7% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Asian, 3% of students are Black, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Dawson?
Dawson has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Dawson offer ?
Dawson offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Dawson part of?
Dawson is part of Wachusett School District.
Review Dawson. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities