Doolen Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 607 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 74%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in AZ
- Math Proficiency: 25% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 27% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
25% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 45% AZ state average), while 27% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 45% AZ state average).
How many students attend Doolen Middle School?
607 students attend Doolen Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
44% of Doolen Middle School students are Hispanic, 26% of students are White, 17% of students are Black, 6% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Hawaiian, 2% of students are American Indian, and 2% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Doolen Middle School?
Doolen Middle School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Arizona state average of 17:1.
What grades does Doolen Middle School offer ?
Doolen Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Doolen Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities