Dummerston Schools places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Dummerston Schools's student population of 160 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dummerston Schools is ranked within the top 10% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#20 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dummerston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Putney Putney Central School Grades: PK-8 | 182 students
182 Westminster Road
Putney, VT 05346
(802) 387-5521 3.7 PK-8 182
- Chesterfield Chesterfield Central School Grades: K-8 | 281 students
535 Old Chesterfield Rd.
Chesterfield, NH 03443
(603) 363-8301 4.8 K-8 281
- Westmoreland Westmoreland School Grades: K-8 | 142 students
40 Glebe Rd.
Westmoreland, NH 03467
(603) 399-4421 5.3 K-8 142
- Brattleboro Green Street School Grades: K-6 | 226 students
164 Green Street
Brattleboro, VT 05301
(802) 254-3737 5.8 K-6 226
- Newfane Newbrook Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 157 students
14 School Road
Newfane, VT 05345
(802) 365-7536 6.0 PK-6 157
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.