Elm Park Community
- Elm Park Community's student population of 477 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||477 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Elm Park Community is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1546 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Worcester School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Worcester Chandler Elementary Community Grades: K-6 | 500 students
114 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01609
(508) 799-3572 0.6 K-6 500
- Worcester Ma Academy For Math And Science School Grades: 11-12 | 96 students
85 Prescott Street
Worcester, MA 01605
(508) 831-5859 0.6 11-12 96
- Worcester Doherty Memorial High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,559 student
299 Highland Street
Worcester, MA 01602
(508) 799-3270 0.7 9-12 1,559
- Worcester Head Start Grades: PK | 529 students
770 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610
(508) 799-3662 0.8 PK 529
- Worcester City View Grades: PK-6 | 474 students
80 Prospect Street
Worcester, MA 01605
(508) 799-3670 0.9 PK-6 474
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.