Felix Garay Ortiz
Felix Garay Ortiz serves 195 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Felix Garay Ortiz placed in the top 5% of all schools in Puerto Rico for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 90-94% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75-79% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the Puerto Rico state level of 12:1.
Felix Garay Ortiz ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Puerto Rico for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Felix Garay Ortiz's student population of 195 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Felix Garay Ortiz is ranked within the top 5% of all 836 schools in Puerto Rico (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Felix Garay Ortiz is 0.00, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.00. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (PR)
Overall Testing Rank
#32 out of 836 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, PR Dept. of Education
Review Felix Garay Ortiz. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Career Paths: Medical Vocational Programs for High School Students
Teenagers can begin preparing for a medical career right in high school. Learn about public high school programs that are preparing students for a medical career immediately upon graduation.
Can Sugar-Free Schools Improve Student Development And Grades?
Learn about how sugar-free public schools enjoy improved student behavior, higher test scores, and healthier students.
The Latest Public School Initiatives Against Gang Activity
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.