Galena Interior Learning Academy (gila)
- Galena Interior Learning Academy (gila)'s student population of 224 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Galena Interior Learning Academy (gila)'s student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Galena City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Galena Sidney C. Huntington Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 51 students
299 Antoski Avenue
Galena, AK 99741
(907)656-1205 0.1 PK-6 51
- Koyukuk Ella B. Vernetti School Grades: PK-8 | 15 students
100 Main St
Koyukuk, AK 99754
(907)927-2212 26.2 PK-8 15
- Nulato Andrew K. Demoski School Grades: PK-12 | 47 students
123 Front St
Nulato, AK 99765
(907)898-2204 36.6 PK-12 47
- Ruby Merreline A Kangas School Grades: PK-12 | 30 students
1st & Hilltop
Ruby, AK 99768
(907)468-4465 41.0 PK-12 30
- Kaltag Kaltag School Grades: PK-12 | 17 students
Kaltag, AK 99748
(907)534-2204 62.3 PK-12 17
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.