George Bancroft #34
George Bancroft #34 places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- George Bancroft #34's student population of 260 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- George Bancroft #34's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2256 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scranton SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scranton John Adams #4 Grades: PK-5 | 311 students
927 Capouse Ave
Scranton, PA 18509
(570)348-3655 0.4 PK-5 311
- Scranton Isaac Tripp Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 773 students
1000 North Everett Avenue
Scranton, PA 18504
(570)348-3677 0.7 PK-5 773
- Scranton Neil Armstrong #40 Grades: PK-5 | 611 students
N Lincoln Ave & Clearview St
Scranton, PA 18508
(570)348-3661 0.8 PK-5 611
- Scranton Northeast Intrmd School Grades: 6-8 | 795 students
721 Adams Ave
Scranton, PA 18510
(570)348-3651 0.8 6-8 795
I have to say George Bancroft is one of the best schools in the Scranton School District. Both of my sons have amazing teachers. My one sons kindergarten teacher miss darlene is amazing with my son she has taught him so much in just a few months my son has accomplished so much and The principal Mrs Grebeck goes above and beyond for the children.
- Posted by Parent - tanam
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.