Hanson Middle School
- Hanson Middle School's student population of 393 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hanson Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1131 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Whitman-Hanson School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hanson Indian Head Grades: 3-5 | 324 students
720 Indian Head Street
Hanson, MA 02341
(781) 618-7065 1.2 3-5 324
- Hanson Maquan Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 436 students
38 School Street
Hanson, MA 02341
(781) 618-7060 1.3 PK-2 436
- Whitman Whitman Hanson Regional Grades: 9-12 | 1,172 student
600 Franklin Street
Whitman, MA 02382
(781) 618-7020 1.6 9-12 1,172
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.