Harmony Area Junior Senior High School
Harmony Area Junior Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Harmony Area Junior Senior High School's student population of 133 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harmony Area Junior Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1732 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harmony Area SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westover Harmony Area Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 145 students
5239 Ridge Rd
Westover, PA 16692
(814)845-2300 0.0 PK-6 145
- Northern Cambria Northern Cambria Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 374 students
601 Joseph St
Northern Cambria, PA 15714
(814)948-5880 9.0 PK-4 374
- Northern Cambria Northern Cambria High School Grades: 9-12 | 328 students
813 35th St
Northern Cambria, PA 15714
(814)948-6800 9.0 9-12 328
- Commodore Purchase Line Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 429 students
16559 Route 286 Hwy E
Commodore, PA 15729
(724)254-4312 10.3 7-12 429
- Flinton Glendale Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 396 students
1500 Beaver Valley Rd
Flinton, PA 16640
(814)687-4263 11.3 K-6 396
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.