Harold Kaveolook School
- Harold Kaveolook School's student population of 67 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harold Kaveolook School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#323 out of 466 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Slope Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Harold Kaveolook School is Arctic Village School (146.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arctic Village Arctic Village School Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
305 Mountain St
Arctic Village, AK 99722
(907) 587-5211 146.1 PK-12 33
- Nuiqsut Nuiqsut Trapper School Grades: PK-12 | 168 students
3310 3rd Ave
Nuiqsut, AK 99789
(907) 480-6712 172.7 PK-12 168
- Anaktuvuk Pass Nunamiut School Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
114 Illinois St
Anaktuvuk Pass, AK 99721
(907) 661-3226 242.0 PK-12 104
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.