- Highland's student population of 14 students has grown by 75% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has grown by 200% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2742 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hayward Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hayward Silver Oak High Public Montessori Charter Grades: 9-12 | 188 students
951 Palisade St.
Hayward, CA 94542
(510)370-3334 0.8 9-12 188
- Castro Valley Golden Oak Montessori Of Hayward Grades: 1-8 | 239 students
2652 Vergil Ct.
Castro Valley, CA 94546
(510)931-7868 0.9 1-8 239
- Hayward Hayward High School Grades: 9-12 | 1576 students
1633 E. Ave.
Hayward, CA 94540
(510)723-3170 1.0 9-12 1576
- Hayward Harder Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 610 students
495 Wyeth Rd.
Hayward, CA 94544
(510)723-3840 1.1 K-6 610
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.