Highlands Middle School
Highlands Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Highlands Middle School's student population of 742 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||742 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highlands Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#17 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Thomas Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Thomas Johnson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 453 students
1180 N Ft Thomas Ave
Fort Thomas, KY 41075
(859)441-2444 0.5 PK-5 453
- Fort Thomas Moyer Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 517 students
219 Highland Ave
Fort Thomas, KY 41075
(859)441-1180 0.6 K-5 517
- Fort Campbell Fort Campbell High School Grades: 9-12
1101 Bastogne Ave.
Fort Campbell, KY 42223
(270)640-1219 1.5 9-12 n/a
- Newport Southgate Public School Grades: PK-8 | 191 students
6 William F. Blatt Ave.
Newport, KY 41071
(859)441-0743 1.5 PK-8 191
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.