Holm Elementary School
Holm Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Holm Elementary School's student population of 486 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||486 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Holm Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#940 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||No. 1 in the county of Denver and State of C School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Hamilton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 945 students
8600 East Dartmouth Avenue
Denver, CO 80231
(720)423-9500 0.2 6-8 945
- Denver The Cottage At Holly Ridge Grades: PK | 68 students
3301 South Monaco Parkway
Denver, CO 80222
(720)554-3280 1.2 PK 68
- Denver Joe Shoemaker School Grades: PK-5 | 410 students
3333 South Havana Street
Denver, CO 80231
(720)423-9333 1.3 PK-5 410
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.