East St Louis 189 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public high schools in East St Louis 189 School District, serving 1,457 students.
- Public high school in East St Louis 189 School District have an average math proficiency score of 3% (versus the Illinois public high school average of 35%), and reading proficiency score of 4% (versus the 39% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Illinois.
- public high school in East St Louis 189 School District have a Graduation Rate of 71%, which is less than the Illinois average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Siu Charter School Of East Street Louis, with ≥80% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Illinois or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Illinois public high school average of 50% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Illinois public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||East St Louis 189 School District|
|School District Phone Number||(618)646-3009|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||938 Schools|
|# of Students||1,457 Students||625,731 Students|
|# of Teachers||87 Teachers||38,486 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
- East St Louis 189 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 476 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 71% has increased from 62% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,665 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||30,808 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 Students||158,146 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,428 Students||105,966 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||12 Students||309,912 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||670 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 Students||18,564 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||406|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||420|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||470|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1||468|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||671|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||704|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||923|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||2,034|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||4,993|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||5,485|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||463||158,216|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||356||154,158|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||297||149,428|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||340||147,355|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,226 is higher than the state average of $14,657. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,117 is higher than the state average of $14,817. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$114 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$133 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,226||$14,657|
|Spending / Student||$20,117||$14,817|
East St Louis 189 School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- East Street Louis Senior High School 4901 State St
East Saint Louis, IL 62205
Grades: 9-12 | 1235 students
- St Clair County Juv Detention Center9006 Lebanon Rd
Belleville, IL 62223
Grades: 7-12 | n/a students
- Siu Charter School Of East Street Louis 601 James R Thompson
East Saint Louis, IL 62201
Grades: 9-12 | 107 students
- Wyvetter Younge Altrntv Center3939 Caseyville Ave
East Saint Louis, IL 62204
Grades: 6-12 | 115 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.