Oak Hill United School Corp School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 5 public schools in Oak Hill United School Corp School District, serving 1,740 students. Oak Hill United School Corp School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Indiana.
- Public schools in Oak Hill United School Corp School District have an average math proficiency score of 45% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 67% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 5/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Oak Hill United School Corp School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ohusc.k12.in.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(765) 395-3341|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||1,922 Schools|
|# of Students||1,740 Students||1,052,874 Students|
|# of Teachers||111 Teachers||60,857 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
- Oak Hill United School Corp School District, which is ranked within the5/, bottom 50% of all 373 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,103 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||25,462 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||110 Students||125,582 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||19 Students||132,751 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,542 Students||714,936 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||802 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||66 Students||51,238 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||21||18,972|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||124||77,895|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||106||76,250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||128||76,421|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||135||78,682|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||135||80,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||149||79,953|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||146||79,149|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||125||78,435|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||138||79,979|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||143||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||137||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||135||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||118||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,599|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,220 in this school district is less than the state average of 13727. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,803 is less than the state average of $11,663. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,220||13727|
|Spending / Student||$9,803||11663|
Oak Hill United School Corp School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Sweetser Elementary School 614 N Main St
Sweetser, IN 46987
Grades: K-4 | 274 students
- Oak Hill Junior High School 7760 W Delphi Pk-27
Converse, IN 46919
Grades: 7-8 | 263 students
- Swayzee Elementary School 405 S Washington St
Swayzee, IN 46986
Grades: 5-6 | 295 students
- Converse Elementary School600 E Washington St
Converse, IN 46919
Grades: PK-2 | 375 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.