Jefferson Magnet School
- Jefferson Magnet School's student population of 557 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jefferson Magnet School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#555 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Norwalk School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norwalk Tracey School Grades: PK-5 | 391 students
20 Camp Street
Norwalk, CT 06851
(203) 899-2960 0.6 PK-5 391
- Norwalk Nathan Hale Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 680 students
176 Strawberry Hill Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
(203) 899-2910 1.3 6-8 680
- Norwalk Ponus Ridge Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 692 students
21 Hunters Lane
Norwalk, CT 06850
(203) 847-3557 1.3 6-8 692
- Norwalk Side By Side Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 235 students
10 Chestnut St.
Norwalk, CT 06854
(203) 857-0306 1.4 PK-8 235
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.