Kernsville School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Kernsville School's student population of 416 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||416 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kernsville School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#460 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Parkland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orefield Orefield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 998 students
2675 Pa Route 309
Orefield, PA 18069
(610)351-5750 0.7 6-8 998
- Schnecksville Lehigh Career & Technical Institute High School Grades: 9-12
4500 Education Park Drive
Schnecksville, PA 18078
(610)799-1323 2.1 9-12 n/a
- Schnecksville Schnecksville School Grades: K-5 | 362 students
4260 Sand Spring Rd
Schnecksville, PA 18078
(610)351-5830 2.5 K-5 362
- Coplay Ironton School Grades: K-5 | 361 students
3135 Levans Rd
Coplay, PA 18037
(610)351-5810 2.8 K-5 361
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.