Larsen Bay School
Larsen Bay School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Larsen Bay School's student population of 13 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Larsen Bay School is ranked within the top 20% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#75 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kodiak Island Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Larsen Bay School is Karluk School (15.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Karluk Karluk School Grades: K-12 | 9 students
Karluk, AK 99608
(907)241-2217 15.4 K-12 9
- Old Harbor Old Harbor School Grades: K-12 | 27 students
Old Harbor, AK 99643
(907)286-2213 34.1 K-12 27
- Kodiak Akhiok School Grades: K-12 | 19 students
Kodiak, AK 99615
(907)836-2223 40.1 K-12 19
- Port Lions Port Lions School Grades: K-12 | 6 students
Port Lions, AK 99550
(907)454-2237 46.4 K-12 6
- Ouzinkie Ouzinkie School Grades: K-12 | 20 students
Ouzinkie, AK 99644
(907)680-2204 60.4 K-12 20
There are some very capable students here.
- Posted by Teacher - huhnd
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.