Larsen Bay School
- Larsen Bay School's student population of 16 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Larsen Bay School's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kodiak Island Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Karluk Karluk School Grades: K-12 | 10 students
Karluk, AK 99608
(907)241-2217 15.4 K-12 10
- Old Harbor Old Harbor School Grades: K-12 | 29 students
Old Harbor, AK 99643
(907)286-2213 34.1 K-12 29
- Kodiak Akhiok School Grades: K-12 | 27 students
Kodiak, AK 99615
(907)836-2223 40.1 K-12 27
- Port Lions Port Lions School Grades: K-12 | 12 students
Port Lions, AK 99550
(907)454-2237 46.4 K-12 12
- Ouzinkie Ouzinkie School Grades: K-12 | 19 students
Ouzinkie, AK 99644
(907)680-2204 60.4 K-12 19
There are some very capable students here.
- Posted by Teacher - huhnd
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.