Lincoln County High School
Lincoln County High School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Lincoln County High School's student population of 855 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||855 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lincoln County High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lincoln County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamlin Hamlin Pk-8 Grades: PK-8 | 526 students
8130 Court Avenue
Hamlin, WV 25523
(304)824-3036 0.3 PK-8 526
- West Hamlin West Hamlin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 537 students
Route 1 Box 112a
West Hamlin, WV 25571
(304)824-3630 5.0 PK-5 537
- Branchland Guyan Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 271 students
5312 Mcclellan Highway
Branchland, WV 25506
(304)824-3235 5.1 6-8 271
- Griffithsville Duval Pk-8 Grades: PK-8 | 519 students
State Route 3
Griffithsville, WV 25521
(304)524-2101 6.6 PK-8 519
- Salt Rock Salt Rock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 213 students
5570 Madison Creek Rd
Salt Rock, WV 25559
(304)733-3037 7.2 PK-5 213
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.