Red River Parish School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public high schools in Red River Parish School District, serving 443 students. Public high schools in Red River Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 41% (versus the Louisiana public high school average of 65%), and reading proficiency score of 52% (versus the 71% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Louisiana.
- public high school in Red River Parish School District have a Graduation Rate of 69%, which is less than the Louisiana average of 83%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Red River High School, with 85-89% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Louisiana or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana public high school average of 51% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Louisiana public high school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Red River Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318) 932-4081|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||402 Schools|
|# of Students||443 Students||246,300 Students|
|# of Teachers||37 Teachers||13,958 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||18:1|
- Red River Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 115 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 65-69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#140 out of 193 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||2,034 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||3,948 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||13,460 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||283 Students||101,486 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||146 Students||120,950 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||148 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||4,274 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,511|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,033|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||3,087|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||3,141|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||3,269|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||3,401|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1||3,834|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2||5,837|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6||8,981|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||13||9,352|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||116||56,540|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||115||51,656|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||110||47,514|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||80||45,144|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,723 is higher than the state median of $13,384. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,749 is higher than the state median of $14,061. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,723||$13,384|
|Revenue / Student||$14,749||$14,061|
Red River Parish School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Red River High School 915 East Carroll
Coushatta, LA 71019
Grades: 9-12 | 364 students
- Ware Youth Center 3565 Highway 71
Coushatta, LA 71019
Grades: K-12 | 79 students
- Springville Educational Center550 Jim Moore Road
Coushatta, LA 71019
Grades: 3-12 | n/a student
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?