Red River Parish School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public middle schools in Red River Parish School District, serving 412 students. Public middle schools in Red River Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 36% (versus the Louisiana public middle school average of 60%), and reading proficiency score of 43% (versus the 69% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana public middle school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Louisiana public middle school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Red River Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318) 932-4081|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||596 Schools|
|# of Students||412 Students||308,970 Students|
|# of Teachers||27 Teachers||17,639 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
- Red River Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 162 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 65-69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#140 out of 193 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||2,215 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||3,806 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||18,650 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||256 Students||137,815 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||125 Students||139,640 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||178 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20 Students||6,666 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||4,665|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||10,704|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||11,208|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||11,378|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||11,907|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||12,571|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1||16,948|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||119||43,382|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||118||52,938|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||117||52,225|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||22||23,001|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||23||20,815|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||10||19,023|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||2||18,205|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,723 is higher than the state median of $13,384. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,749 is higher than the state median of $14,061. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,723||$13,384|
|Revenue / Student||$14,749||$14,061|
Red River Parish School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?