Red River Parish School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 4 public elementary schools in Red River Parish School District, serving 1,120 students. Public elementary schools in Red River Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 44% (versus the Louisiana public elementary school average of 64%), and reading proficiency score of 48% (versus the 70% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana public elementary school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Louisiana public elementary school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Red River Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318) 932-4081|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||1,091 Schools|
|# of Students||1,120 Students||512,793 Students|
|# of Teachers||64 Teachers||29,090 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
- Red River Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 166 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 65-69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#140 out of 193 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||3,400 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 Students||7,780 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 Students||37,718 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||679 Students||220,572 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||371 Students||228,581 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||401 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||42 Students||14,341 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||74||25,287|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||114||51,023|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||121||54,599|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||96||53,486|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||89||55,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||105||55,850|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||110||55,472|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||119||53,705|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||118||42,600|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||117||41,623|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||22||7,127|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||23||6,278|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||10||5,432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||2||4,902|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,723 is higher than the state median of $13,384. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,749 is higher than the state median of $14,061. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$29 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,723||$13,384|
|Revenue / Student||$14,749||$14,061|
Red River Parish School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Red River Elementary School 1001 Ashland Road
Coushatta, LA 71019
Grades: PK-5 | 708 students
- Ware Youth Center 3565 Highway 71
Coushatta, LA 71019
Grades: K-12 | 79 students
- Springville Educational Center550 Jim Moore Road
Coushatta, LA 71019
Grades: 3-12 | n/a student
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?