Loyalsock Valley Elementary School
Loyalsock Valley Elementary School serves 237 students in grades Kindergarten-4.
Loyalsock Valley Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Pennsylvania for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Pennsylvania state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Pennsylvania state average of 62%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Pennsylvania state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Pennsylvania state average of 34% (majority Black).
Loyalsock Valley Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Loyalsock Valley Elementary School's student population of 237 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Loyalsock Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,797 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Loyalsock Valley Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.53. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (PA)
Overall Testing Rank
#706 out of 2797 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, PA Dept. of Education
Review Loyalsock Valley Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.