Major Edwards Elementary School
- Major Edwards Elementary School's student population of 402 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Major Edwards Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#902 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Boylston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Boylston West Boylston Junior/senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 513 students
125 Crescent Street
West Boylston, MA 01583
(508)835-4475 0.2 6-12 513
- Holden Leroy E.mayo Grades: K-5 | 492 students
351 Bullard Street
Holden, MA 01520
(508)829-3203 2.4 K-5 492
- Sterling Chocksett Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 377 students
40 Boutelle Road
Sterling, MA 01564
(978)422-6552 2.9 5-8 377
- Sterling Houghton Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 392 students
32 Boutelle Road
Sterling, MA 01564
(978)422-2333 2.9 K-4 392
- Worcester Norrback Avenue Grades: PK-6 | 566 students
44 Malden Street
Worcester, MA 01606
(508)799-3500 3.1 PK-6 566
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.