Makalapa Elementary School
- Makalapa Elementary School's student population of 654 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||654 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Makalapa Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (HI)|
|Overall School Rank||#72 out of 288 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hawaii Department of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Admiral Arthur W Radford High School Grades: 9-12 | 1298 students
4361 Salt Lake Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96818
(808)421-4200 0.1 9-12 1298
- Aiea Aiea Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 373 students
99-370 Moanalua Rd
Aiea, HI 96701
(808)483-7200 1.0 PK-6 373
- Aiea Aiea Intermediate School Grades: 7-8 | 586 students
99-600 Kulawea St
Aiea, HI 96701
(808)483-7230 1.3 7-8 586
I only went here for one year but it was pretty good.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Miguel Lara
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.