Pioneer Valley School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 5 public schools in Pioneer Valley School District, serving 795 students. Pioneer Valley School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Massachusetts.
- Public schools in Pioneer Valley School District have an average math proficiency score of 51% (versus the Massachusetts public school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 55% (versus the 57% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public school average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Massachusetts public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Pioneer Valley School District|
|School District Website||http://www.pvrsdk12.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(413) 512-5608|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||1,854 Schools|
|# of Students||795 Students||953,660 Students|
|# of Teachers||75 Teachers||73,118 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
- Pioneer Valley School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 403 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#248 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||2,100 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||65,565 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 Students||191,095 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||86,283 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||740 Students||573,115 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||812 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||30 Students||34,581 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||37||30,418|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||60||65,872|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||54||68,019|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||53||68,249|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||64||70,066|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||42||72,164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||58||72,391|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||67||71,172|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||74||70,843|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||66||71,876|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||52||76,601|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||47||73,016|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||64||71,748|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||57||70,028|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,197|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,753 is higher than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has grown by 22% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $23,985 is higher than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has grown by 27% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,753||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$23,985||$18,839|
Pioneer Valley School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Pioneer Valley Regional 97 F Sumner Turner Rd
Northfield, MA 01360
Grades: 7-12 | 360 students
- Warwick Community School 41 Winchester Road
Warwick, MA 01378
Grades: PK-6 | 59 students
- Northfield Elementary School 104 Main Street
Northfield, MA 01360
Grades: PK-6 | 186 students
- Pearl E Rhodes Elementary School 7 Brattleboro Road
Greenfield, MA 01301
Grades: PK-6 | 33 students
- Bernardston Elementary School 37 School Road
Bernardston, MA 01337
Grades: PK-6 | 157 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.