Wareham School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Wareham School District serving 2,400 students in West Wareham, Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is equal to the state average of 13:1.
Wareham School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- West Wareham John William Decas760 Main Street
West Wareham, MA 02576
Grades: K-2 | 608 students
- Wareham Minot Forest63 Minot Avenue
Wareham, MA 02571
Grades: 3-4 | 507 students
- Wareham Wareham Middle School4 Viking Drive
Wareham, MA 02571
Grades: 5-8 | 767 students
- Wareham Wareham Senior High School7 Viking Drive
Wareham, MA 02571
Grades: 9-12 | 518 students
|School District Name||Wareham School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,400 students|
|# of Teachers||184 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||1,105 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,295 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||25 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||25 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||171 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||178 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,757 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||242 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||93|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||173|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||215|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||216|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||198|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||190|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||204|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||191|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||182|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||171|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||112|
|# of Ungraded Students:||9|
- Wareham School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 65-69% has decreased from 79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,646 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,877. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,429 is less than the state average of $19,785. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$41 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$41 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,646||$20,877|
|Spending / Student||$14,429||$19,785|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.