Meadow School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Meadow School's student population of 647 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||647 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meadow School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Meadow School is Johnston County s School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Johnston County s School District's student population of 34,857 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,681 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The district revenue/student has grown by 41% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,660 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The district spending/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Johnston County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||34,857||870|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$394 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$326 MM||$8 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,681||$8,969|
|District Spending / Student||$9,660||$8,766|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Benson Benson Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 446 students
1600 N Wall Street
Benson, NC 27504
(919)894-3889 6.6 5-8 446
- Dunn Plain View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 388 students
4140 Plain View Hwy
Dunn, NC 28334
(910)891-4354 7.6 PK-5 388
- Benson Benson Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 625 students
2040 Hwy 50 N
Benson, NC 27504
(919)894-4233 8.2 PK-4 625
- Dunn Dunn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 404 students
1301 Meadowlark Road
Dunn, NC 28334
(910)892-1016 8.8 6-8 404
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.