Montrose Elementary School
Montrose Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Montrose Elementary School's student population of 267 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Montrose Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#18 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Charleston South Charleston Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 339 students
400 Third Avenue
South Charleston, WV 25303
(304) 348-1918 0.7 6-8 339
- South Charleston Weberwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 238 students
732 Gordon Road
South Charleston, WV 25303
(304) 348-1924 0.9 PK-5 238
- Charleston Kenna Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 178 students
198 Eureka Rd
Charleston, WV 25314
(304) 348-6104 1.2 PK-5 178
- Charleston Mary C. Snow West Side Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 396 students
100 Florida Street
Charleston, WV 25302
(304) 348-1902 1.4 PK-5 396
- Charleston Grandview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 220 students
959 Woodward Drive
Charleston, WV 25312
(304) 348-1928 1.8 PK-5 220
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.