Myrtle H. Stevens School serves 377 students in grades Prekindergarten-3.
Myrtle H. Stevens School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Connecticut for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 51%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Connecticut state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 50% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Enrollment: 377 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 41%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Myrtle H. Stevens School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
Myrtle H. Stevens School's student population of 377 students has declined by 32% over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Myrtle H. Stevens School is ranked within the top 30% of all 940 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Myrtle H. Stevens School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CT)
Overall Testing Rank
#267 out of 940 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Myrtle H. Stevens School's ranking?
Myrtle H. Stevens School is ranked #267 out of 940 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Connecticut.
What schools are Myrtle H. Stevens School often compared to?
Myrtle H. Stevens Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like West Hill School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 55-59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Myrtle H. Stevens School?
377 students attend Myrtle H. Stevens School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
59% of Myrtle H. Stevens School students are White, 20% of students are Asian, 13% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Myrtle H. Stevens School?
Myrtle H. Stevens School has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Myrtle H. Stevens School offer ?
Myrtle H. Stevens School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-3 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Myrtle H. Stevens School part of?
Myrtle H. Stevens School is part of Rocky Hill School District.
View the Myrtle H. Stevens School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL (Early Dismissal) Pending Snow Days
June 13, 2023 (Tuesday)
Review Myrtle H. Stevens School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.