Hamden Middle School
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 836 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 68%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 40% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 47% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 48% CT state average), while 47% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 58% CT state average).
How many students attend Hamden Middle School?
836 students attend Hamden Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
32% of Hamden Middle School students are Black, 32% of students are White, 24% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Asian, and 6% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hamden Middle School?
Hamden Middle School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Hamden Middle School offer ?
Hamden Middle School offers enrollment in grades 7-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Hamden Middle School part of?
Hamden Middle School is part of Hamden School District.
Review Hamden Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities