Deming Public School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public middle schools managed by Deming Public School District serving 821 students in Deming, New Mexico.
- Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New Mexico state average of 78%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Deming Public School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||233 students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||123 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||110 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||203 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||14 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||15 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||31|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Deming Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 140 school districts in New Mexico (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 67% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NM)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,961 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,761. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,425 is less than the state average of $14,379. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NM)|
|Total Revenue||$60 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$57 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,961||$14,761|
|Spending / Student||$10,425||$14,379|
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.