Newberry Elementary School
- Newberry Elementary School's student population of 331 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||331 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Newberry Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,820 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1840 out of 2820 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Shore School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- York Haven York Haven Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 265 students
360 Cassel Rd
York Haven, PA 17370
(717) 266-5007 4.7 K-3 265
- Lewisberry Red Land Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,140 student
560 Fishing Creek Rd
Lewisberry, PA 17339
(717) 938-6561 5.0 9-12 1,140
- York Conewago Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 360 students
570 Copenhaffer Rd
York, PA 17404
(717) 266-1644 5.1 K-3 360
- Lewisberry Crossroads Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 707 students
535 Fishing Creek Rd
Lewisberry, PA 17339
(717) 932-1295 5.1 6-8 707
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.