Duquesne City School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Duquesne City School District serving 324 students in Duquesne, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 88% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Duquesne City School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||324|
|# of Teachers||30|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||146|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||178|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||219|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||40|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||51|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||22|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||47|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Duquesne City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 21-39% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Graduation Rate |
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $46,028 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $42,054 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$16 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$15 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$46,028||$13,048|
|Spending / Student||$42,054||$12,915|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.