Mastery CS - Hardy Williams School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Mastery CS - Hardy Williams School District serving 1,217 students in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Mastery CS - Hardy Williams School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,217 students|
|# of Teachers||71 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||576 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||641 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,195 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||68|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||110|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||85|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Mastery CS - Hardy Williams School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,944 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,681 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,944||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$8,681||$12,924|
Poor testing performance is not always an indication of low intelligence. If your child struggles with testing, take the time to identify his individual challenges then work with his teacher to practice and improve his skills.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.