Pickering Middle School
- Pickering Middle School's student population of 615 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||615 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pickering Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,667 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1135 out of 1667 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lynn School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lynn Edward A Sisson Grades: K-5 | 434 students
58 Conomo Avenue
Lynn, MA 01904
(781)477-7455 0.0 K-5 434
- Lynn Lynn Woods Grades: K-5 | 163 students
31 Trevett Avenue
Lynn, MA 01904
(781)477-7433 0.9 K-5 163
- Lynn Lynn English High School Grades: 9-12 | 1723 students
50 Goodridge Street
Lynn, MA 01902
(781)477-7366 1.0 9-12 1723
- Lynn Cobbet Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 639 students
40 Franklin Street
Lynn, MA 01902
(781)477-7341 1.1 K-5 639
- Lynn Sewell-anderson Grades: K-5 | 310 students
25 Ontario Street
Lynn, MA 01905
(781)477-7444 1.1 K-5 310
Pickering middle school is a very good school my daughter attended this school her eight grade year an it was a great year very safe school no bullying the teachers were great my daughter had no problems the teachers are very caring an very concern with there students progress they are the best they work very good with my daughter she learned a lot I recommend this school to everyone who has to attend a middle school in lynn ma
- Posted by Parent - Mtuha
Pickering Middle School is one of the best choices for public school. In Pickering, the teachers are greatly involved on how the students are doing. For extracurricular activities Pickering offers music, physical education, mcas classes, and computers. Students get four extracurricular classes throughout the year. Each extracurricular class is worth 3 credits. Each major is worth 5 credits. I would highly recommend Pickering Middle School.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bball
The school voucher debate continues to broil throughout the country, with one Colorado school district the grounds for intense controversy. Learn about the voucher program controversy in Douglas County and how it will impact students.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.