Pomperaug School serves 385 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Pomperaug School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Connecticut for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 51%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Connecticut state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 51% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 385 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Pomperaug School's student population of 385 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 24% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Pomperaug School is ranked within the top 30% of all 940 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Pomperaug School is 0.34, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CT)
Overall Testing Rank
#225 out of 940 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pomperaug School's ranking?
Pomperaug School is ranked #225 out of 940 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Connecticut.
What schools are Pomperaug School often compared to?
Pomperaug Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Gainfield Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Pomperaug School?
385 students attend Pomperaug School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Pomperaug School students are White, 9% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Asian, 3% of students are Black, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Pomperaug School?
Pomperaug School has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Pomperaug School offer ?
Pomperaug School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Pomperaug School part of?
Pomperaug School is part of Regional School District 15.
Review Pomperaug School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.