Rancho Dominguez Preparatory
Top Placements (California)
Rancho Dominguez Preparatory is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Rancho Dominguez Preparatory's student population of 975 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||975 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rancho Dominguez Preparatory is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Rancho Dominguez Preparatory is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 77% has increased from 61% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Intellectual Virtues Academy Of Long Beach Grades: 6-8 | 170 students
3601 Linden Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90807
(562)787-4527 0.4 6-8 170
- Long Beach Los Cerritos Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 530 students
515 W. San Antonio Dr.
Long Beach, CA 90807
(562)595-6337 1.1 K-5 530
- Long Beach Webster Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 602 students
1755 W. 32nd Way
Long Beach, CA 90810
(562)595-6568 1.2 K-5 602
- Carson Del Amo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 405 students
21228 Water St.
Carson, CA 90745
(310)830-5351 1.4 K-5 405
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.