Jamestown School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Jamestown School District, serving 219 students.
- Public middle school in Jamestown School District have an average math proficiency score of 58% (versus the Rhode Island public middle school average of 24%), and reading proficiency score of 53% (versus the 29% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 10% of public middle schools in Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Rhode Island public middle school average of 44% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Rhode Island public middle school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Jamestown School District|
|School District Phone Number||(401) 423-7020|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||64 Schools|
|# of Students||219 Students||35,826 Students|
|# of Teachers||22 Teachers||2,804 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
- Jamestown School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 44 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||283 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||1,029 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||9,806 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||3,192 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||212 Students||20,006 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||67 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||1,443 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||39|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||255|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||269|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||274|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||281|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||276|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||59||2,192|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||57||9,643|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||50||10,768|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||53||10,937|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||261|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||232|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||211|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||188|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $25,827 is higher than the state average of $23,224. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $26,798 is higher than the state average of $24,904. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (RI)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$32 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$25,827||$23,224|
|Spending / Student||$26,798||$24,904|
Jamestown School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Jamestown School-lawn 55 Lawn Avenue
Jamestown, RI 02835
Grades: 5-8 | 219 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.